Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sixth Observation

Last Friday, I went to a trainer's meeting during the afternoon. I was interested to see what they talk about and how they act in a more relaxed environment. The meeting started with the head trainer giving updates on the teams and where they are strength wise when it comes to lifting. They discuss certain players and their injuries, so they know that the athlete will have to sit out from next week's training. The new communication process consists of the personal trainer talking to the medical trainer in order to be aware of injured athletes. This system has been working very well! The athlete is the main topic of discussion, some tell stories about what players did, or what they were complaining about. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal; the trainers all seemed to get along as they were cracking jokes. A schedule was given out so the trainers would know the times and what teams they trained in the upcoming week. This allowed them to plan their workouts ahead of time so there was no last minute confusion. These trainers seemed very organized in their meeting, like they had been doing them for awhile. Updates about future games were provided so the sessions would not be so demanding on the players if they had a tournament or game coming up. I was very happy to see that everyone liked each other and was cracking jokes. This is definitely an environment I would like to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment